Doctrinal Statement (Statement of Faith)
We subscribe to the following declarations of biblical truths and believe that:
- The Holy Scriptures (The Bible) are the inspired Word of God (2 Tim3:16).
- There is but one true and living God, existing in three persons of one individual, who are co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal; namely, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Man is a created being, made in the likeness and the image of God (Gen: 1-7) but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world (Rom.3:23 & 5:12).
- Salvation is through the meritorious work of Jesus Christ on the cross and through conviction of the Holy Spirit. It is a gift of God to man, separate from works and the law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Tit 3:5-7). Man can at any time after the new birth backslide, and die in a state of sin.
- The Church is the body of Jesus, Christ being the head and each believer is an integral part.(Eph.1:22-23)
- God calls to service ministers and endues them with the talents and gifts peculiar to their offices.
- Water baptism is by immersion. It is the symbol of a Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection (Rom 6:4).
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire (Mat 3:11) is a gift from God to all believers. It is accompanied by speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance as the initial physical sign and evidence (John 14:16, 17; Acts 1:8; 2:4, 39; 10:44-48).
- Without holiness no man can see God (Heb.12: 14). Sanctification is a progressive work of grace, commencing when one accepts Christ as Lord and savior and continuing until the coming of our Lord (1Thes.5:23).
- Celebrating the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to the death and resurrection of our lord, Jesus Christ (1Cor.11: 23-24).
- Healing is for the physical and mental ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God, through the prayer of faith.
- The dead in Christ shall rise first at the second coming of our Savior: then those still alive shall be caught up together with the risen in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air (1Thes. 4:16-17).
- The Lord will come down from heaven, with a loud command and a voice of the Arch-angel and with the trumpet call of God (1Thes 4, 16). About times and dates we do not know for the day of the Lord will come ‘like a thief in the night’ (1Thes 5:1-2)
- Those who die in their sins without Christ are destined for an eternity in the Lake of Fire and have no further opportunity of hearing the gospel or repenting (Heb. 9:27, Rev. 19:20).
- It is the scriptural duty of every believer to pay tithe as unto the Lord. (Mal 3: 7-11).
- Marriage is a divine institution and is only between a consenting adult man and an adult woman (Gen.2:24). Any union between same sexes is a sin. (Lev.20:13), (Rom.1:26, 27). Marriage candidates must be saved, with a testimony and leading a life of holiness, not bodily united to their partners or other persons. (Cor 6:16-18)